Sep 11 2009

10 of the Most Awkward Moments in Facebook History

Published by at 9:00 am under Oddly Enough

facebook-wrong.jpg

For the record, I don’t have a Facebook account.  It’s not that I’m too cool for it, it’s simply that I’m a relatively private person and I happen to keep in touch with all the people I actually want to keep in touch with.  I see no need to let hundreds of people know what I’m doing for happy hour, which band I saw this weekend, or what I thought of Obama’s speech to students across America.  That said, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Facebook.  I think it’s a brilliant idea and networking vehicle – it simply isn’t for me.

Sometimes, though, Facebook can get people in a lot of trouble.  When you change your “status” and advertise to the world what you’re thinking, you may rub some people the wrong way.  And when you do, it’s often hilarious for the rest of us.  After the jump, take a look at 10 of the most awkward moments in Facebook history.

I hate my job!

facebook1.jpg

You’re not my mom.

facebook-mom-1.jpg

Uh, there’s a way to say that privately.

facebook-megafail.jpg

Don’t eat animals.

animals.jpg

Mom’s a pretty good sport…or disoriented.

mom.jpg

Whoops!

vag.jpg

This guy seems to have outsmarted himself.

status.png

The wedding is off.

wedding.jpg

What’s wring with Chris Miller?

hates-facebook.jpg

Divorced???

divorce-facebook-funny-pictures.jpg

23 Responses to “10 of the Most Awkward Moments in Facebook History”

1. illeaturfamilyon 11 Sep 2009 at 9:45 am

I don’t get the second to last one… what am I missing lol?

2. Madisonon 11 Sep 2009 at 10:21 am

@ illeaturfamily

Just 2 minutes after Jon added Chris Miller as a friend, he changed his status to “hates Facebook.”

3. illeaturfamilyon 11 Sep 2009 at 10:58 am

Ok yeah I saw that… I was just wishing to know more of the story behind it.

I like to think that Chris Miller banged his wife, and now they’re forced to be friends. Because Facebook says so, dammit.

4. Madisonon 11 Sep 2009 at 11:05 am

Works for me. Wife banging it is.

5. Lauraon 11 Sep 2009 at 5:59 pm

Facebook has become an obsession with people. One of my college room mates was on it probably 7 hours a day total. Every time we’d walk in the room, she would be on it, stalking people. Even would get on to our facebook pages and ADD people, so she could look at peoples’ profiles. Really creepy and kinda like a sociopath. It’s sad when you have to change your password because your roomie adds total strangers on your account.

Also, I was taking an online final last year and a girl next to me was ON FACEBOOK while taking the final. I lost any hope for our generation in that moment.

6. Madisonon 11 Sep 2009 at 6:03 pm

@ Laura

I can’t even begin to describe how saddened I am to hear that. On Facebook during a final??? I say this a lot, but Idiocracy is a prophetic movie..

7. Davidon 11 Sep 2009 at 6:42 pm

I think this is hilarious! The first one is absolutely the best, with the vindictive boss, but the split vagaga is the funniest….13 stitches!?! I think I feel sorrier for Jason than for her! From now on, take a “slow ride”!

8. [...] Check out the 10 most awkward moments in Facebook history – Unreality Magazine [...]

9. [...] Unreality. VN:F [1.6.2_892]Espera…Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)VN:F [1.6.2_892]Rating: 0 (from 0 votes) [...]

10. [...] from unrealitymag.com Share and [...]

11. [...] This last one is from Unreality [...]

12. [...] Unreality – 10 of the Most Awkward Moments in Facebook History | By mcxperi via unrealitymag.com [...]

13. trevoron 27 Nov 2009 at 3:58 am

“your not my mom.”

“im so disoriented”
    “your moms disoriented”
    “yes i am” lmfao

14. Lucindaon 02 Apr 2010 at 2:38 am

The second last one… Chris Miller and him are friends, and 2 minutes later, he put his status to hating facebook…. Lol.
    The last one…
    The child found out her parents are divorced. She found it out through a facebook status. LMAOOO Who the hell forgets to tell their child that her/his parents have divorced?!

15. ohdearon 09 Apr 2010 at 2:50 am

hahaha, look at the Tracy chicks relationship status…somebodys in trouble!!

16. Your Motheron 09 Apr 2010 at 4:01 pm

If you didn’t get the second last one then what you’re missing is a brain

17. Your Motheron 11 Apr 2010 at 1:26 am

I’m so sorry… I’m too stupid to realize it’s not funny. Forgive me.

18. Rawryon 13 Apr 2010 at 1:36 pm

Ohkaay, suree, these are just sadd, yess ii actaully madee thiss namee upp, but seriousslly, sadd. phhhh peoplee, stopp interfiering with other peopless livess andd get a gripp “/ im so sorry, but itss jusst a saaaaaaaaaad thing !

19. emilyon 18 Apr 2010 at 6:11 am

hahaha, shit these are awesome.

20. Sheaon 26 Oct 2010 at 11:53 pm

You should read this, its freakin hilarious!

21. Shawneeon 08 May 2011 at 9:41 am

I find it strange that in ‘Uh, there’s a way to say that privately.’ Tracy is talking of spending a night with Micheal after many months of abstinence.. yet she is listed as ‘engaged’ LOL what a sly lady.

22. Kameronon 03 Jan 2012 at 1:58 am

Haha this is funny but at the same time its not bc its 2 in the morning and im tired but im still on facebook, i should shut up now but for some reason i cant stop typing, ok im done have a nice night.

23. googlaon 17 Sep 2012 at 10:45 pm

idont get the 4,5, or 6 from last ones. me dumb.:( can somone answer me? (nicly please!!!)