Sep 10 2009
I described my mediocre enthusiasm for True Blood yesterday, but this latest cover of Playboy speaks to vampire exhaustion better than anything I’ve seen thus far. You may think that Twilight should have been the catalyst for my vampire apathy, but slowly over time I’ve realized it’s not even about ****ing vampires. It’s just kids with superpowers who can’t have sex and don’t wear shirts. Vampires don’t sparkle in the sun, they burn in it.
But no, something about this Playboy cover just rubs me the wrong way. Not that I’m not a fan of sexy vampires, it’s just that when Playboy does it it seems so forced and mainstream. No pictures from inside the issue yet, but I’m sure they’d do HBO proud in terms of toothy, bloody nudity.
More Unreal Posts
- Finally, Vampires I Like: My Shocking Embrace of The Vampire Diaries
- The Eight Sexiest Female Vampires in Movies
- A Gallery of Sexy Pokemon Who are NOT Pikachu
- A Totally Not Awkward Gallery of Old Celebrity Playgirl Covers
- ‘Daybreakers’ – A Vampire Movie I…Actually Want to See?