May 11 2009
In what might be the most soothing interview I’ve ever seen, Jerry Bruckheimer talks about his new Prince of Persia project, and all the while showing us some of the first clips from the movie.
The whole thing kind of looks like Ben Hur meets live-action Aladdin, and I was half expecting a CGI genie to pop up and start granting wishes.
When asked about “what Jake Gyllenhaal brings to the film” Bruckheimer opens with “he’s very handsome, and incredibly in shape,” adding later that oh yeah, he’s a good actor too.
I’m not in any way shape or form excited about this project, not because it’s video-game based, but just because it doesn’t look terribly interesting. But I’ll see it nonetheless come next May; I just hope they add in genies and magic carpets and fez wearing monkeys by then.
More Unreal Posts
- Gyllenhaal Relies on Swords AND Biceps in ‘Prince of Persia’
- More Like the Princess of Persia
- ‘Prince of Persia’ Posters Have Wrong Font, No, I’m Not Nitpicking
- First ‘Prince of Persia’ Trailer is Sand, Sand, Sand, Jake and Sand.
- That Guy Actor of the Week: Richard Kind