Apr 13 2009
For those that need a refresher course:
Cosplay short for “costume play,” is a type of performance art whose participants outfit themselves, with often-elaborate costumes and accessories, as a specific character or idea. Characters are usually sourced in various Japanese and East Asian media, including manga, anime, tokusatsu, comic books, graphic novels, video games, and fantasy movies.
In other words, the portrayals of the various characters should at least be somewhat accurate. And more importantly, I’m not sure the intended purpose of a costume is to scare the living crap out of people like myself.
Nevertheless, the cosplay subculture is bound to run into some psychos. In fact there are more than I’d like to count. Here’s a sample of some of the more disturbing images of the cosplay culture.
More Unreal Posts
- The Morning Link: Why Cosplay Happens: A Chart
- An Awesome Gallery of Final Fantasy Cosplay
- An Absolutely Perfect League of Legends Cosplay Show
- The Hot Trend for Comic-Con Cosplay 2012: Pigtails
- Cosplay Goes Meta: Samara as Samara