Apr 09 2009
I feel like it’s been an awfully long time since a decent spoof movie has come out. Check out this list of crap that’s come out recently: Disaster Movie, Superhero Movie and Meet The Spartans. And before that it was Epic Movie, Date Movie, My Big Fat Independent Movie and Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, and The Comebacks
Personally I miss the spoof movie. When it’s done right it’s a thing of beauty. You take one situation a bit too far. You embellish a character just enough that it’s funny to laugh at. But one thing you can’t do is overdo it. And I think that’s been the real problem recently. Just too much overdoing.
It’s hard to explain but there’s a subtlety to the spoof genre that has to be taken care of. I think the newest spoof movies don’t get it…at all.
However, here are 12 spoof movies that are actually worth watching (with clips)
Naked Gun Movies
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
This is Spinal Tap
Don’t Be a Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
More Unreal Posts
- 10 Forrest Gump Mashups For No Reason At All
- 10 Awesome Trailers/Mashups of All Things Transformer
- Five Awesome Intentionally Funny Music Videos in Movies
- 10 Revealing Videos of Movie Mistakes From Popular Movies
- The Legendary Kraken as Portrayed in Movies and Video Games