Mar 26 2009
If this comes to fruition, I will be very, very excited. This is awesome. From Variety:
MGM and the Farrelly brothers are closing in on their cast for “The Three Stooges.”
Studio has set Sean Penn to play Larry, and negotiations are underway with Jim Carrey to play Curly, with the actor already making plans to gain 40 pounds to approximate the physical dimensions of Jerome “Curly” Howard.
The studio is zeroing in on Benicio Del Toro to play Moe.
I can’t imagine this not being good. F*ck Jim Carrey’s dramatic roles (although Eternal Sunshine is the sh*t), he’s at his best when he’s literally talking out of his ass or flopping around like a fish. Putting him in a role where he can perform physcial comedy makes me very optimistic that this movie could be awesome. The only person I can think of who would have made for a better Curly is Chris Farley.
More Unreal Posts
- Five Funny Actors Who Did Well in Serious Roles
- Alllllllrighty Then: Will Jim Carrey Make a Comeback in 2013?
- The Morning Link: Stars Who Lose and Gain Weight for Movie Roles
- Photo of the Week: I Was Wondering What Happened to Curly Sue
- Up Trailer Further Proves Pixar Can Make a Movie about Anything