Mar 17 2009
Well a few days ago it was Josh Hartett as Loki, the Norse god of mischief, and today it’s Natalie Portman, allegedly cast to play Enchantress, presumably the Norse god of hotness.
In the comic Enchantress is Thor’s friend, advisor and lover, but supposedly fools around with Loki, Thor’s brother, as well. So I don’t think anyone is as excited about reading this casting news as Josh Hartnett.
Thor himself is yet to be cast, and I’m interested to read that Charlie Hunnam was in the running along with Alexander Skarsgard. Last time I saw Hunnam he was a scrawny charming British kid on Judd Apatow’s immortal college show, Undeclared. I guess he’s had more than a few years to beef up and grow a few inches, but I’m guess Skarsgard would still eat him alive.
So seriously, who’s next? William Shatner as Odin? This movie can’t get much more bizarrely cast.
More Unreal Posts
- Skeptical About the Thor Movie? Will Josh Hartnett Ease Your Fears?
- The Final Countdown: Natalie Portman loves Thor, The Big Bad Chuck Norris, and Picross Puzzles
- Skarsgard Joins Thor…No, Not THAT One
- Alexander Skarsgard as Thor? Um, Perfect.
- Debate of the Day – Thor: The Dark World