Nov 13 2008
Question #1: Did you know that this Saturday is National Gaming Day?
Question #2: Did you know that it’s happening at your local library?
Yes, that’s right, in an attempt to get the modern generation of youth to learn what a “library” is, they’ve instituted “National Gaming Day” where kids are lured to libraries with the promise of video games but will undoubtedly be tied to chairs and be forced to read. They’ve even created this great promotional poster to encourage them to come. Let’s review:
1) Youth gamers look like three fifths of the Planeteers.
2) Asian gamers are jacked with small heads, white female gamers are scarily intense, and Hispanic gamers are well groomed. White male gamers do not exist.
3) “Gaming” is meant to be taken quite literally as it apparently also includes board games, judging by the fact that they’re standing on one and this is sponsored by Hasbro.
4) I’m racking my brain to figure out any actual video game characters these three cartoons are supposed to represent. They look like Korean knockoffs of Saturday morning cartoons from the 80s.
5) Oh Wizards of the Coast, I haven’t thought about you since I bought my last pack of Pokemon cards a decade ago.
To learn more about the funtastic festival that will be National Gaming Day, check out ilovelibraries.com. Seriously, that’s the website. Why would it not be called that?
More Unreal Posts